Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Mirror mirror on the wall...

So I have this neighbor who owns an junk antique shop and much of it ends up on her lawn. Well, I have had my eye on this mirror for months. It has this great 70's/Moroccan cut out. Before I even knew we were giving Charlie a room I knew it was a find. So when creating his room I thought this mirror would be perfect! I went to her shop to ask about getting the mirror out of her yard and to pay for it ($10). I had already purchased the spray paint (krylon dual in ivory) the week prior.

I cleaned it off, inside and out. Man was it filthy!!! 


Taped it with newspaper, but the hoarder lady said something about using petroleum jelly and not having to tape...I was not feeling overly adventurous and was kind of in a hurry to get out of there so I didn't hear all of the instructions (snob alert: her store is like her front yard).


Sprayed it. I took the advice of YHL: If I was a sprayin' my arm was a swayin'.


Removed the tape, cleaned the glass with my trusty rusty razor blade to get off the lipstick smooches of Veronica 760-4265.


To hang the mirror it didn't have any hooks on the back so I used a drill bit to create pilot holes into the frame. Since it is going to hang above the changing table it had to be secured properly. Voilà!


No comments:

Post a Comment