Friday, January 18, 2013

Another use for a dog brush

Do you have an old chewed on dog brush you're thinking of getting rid of? Do you have a carpeted sewing room that is constantly filled with threads that clog up your vacuum? Well give this a quick read and you just might find the solution to your problems!
Old chewed on dog brush

My sewing room is my sanctuary, but it is always covered in threads from a speedy project. Yes I could take the time to throw every single thread away, but I don't. I have found brushing my carpet is like my own personal Zen garden. 

Sewing room BEFORE being "brushed"...


Brush after brushing


Sewing room AFTER being "brushed"!

As you can see this works quite well! I am a huge fan of Real Simple Magazine's more uses than one article each month and I try to find more purposes in anything I can. SO when I found this method I felt sewers (with carpeted rooms) everywhere needed to know. Its nice because the brush collects not only the threads that get rolled up in your vacuum but you catch pins and needles as well. Silly me, but I usually sew in bare feet and this method helps me sew in complete confidence. Brushing your carpet is quite suitable for company/customers, but I often times like to give my room the old one two...so vacuuming after brushing is the best for a perfectly clean sewing room!

1 comment:

  1. Why does it not surprise me that you would compare cleaning to having a zen garden? Saint Jill - patron of cleaning and organizing.

    ReplyDelete