Monday, July 29, 2013

Oh! To be a crafter...

For the last few months I've been sewing away in preparation for the Strawberry Swing Indie Craft Fair. With the help of many friends and my family who have watched Charlie so I could get it all done. There was so much to do to get ready! Besides sewing, designing new items, and all of the shopping that needed to be done, there is inventory and I did a mock set up so when I got there it would be a nice and smooth set up. 



So the big day arrived, I had already packed up the car the night before (before I painted my nails ;-), got all dolled up, packed a snack and was on my way at 7:30 am. 


Once I got there (waaaay to early) I waited for it all to start! 


The location was The Alexander Majors Barn in Kansas City. 


Once people arrived we all unpacked, went to our spots and set up. I was a bit disappointed we my spot upstairs in the back corner. It was a little squished and it was different from the set up I did at home. I couldn't use an entire side of my display! Well you make do with what you have. So I strung up some string on some hooks that were already in the wall and hung my tea towels there and put the rest in a box on the table to flip through. 


I of course still had an entire side of the shutter to use and hung all of the cloths and bags. I used those adorable strawberry baskets to store extra items. 


Finally I was all set up and felt good about my welcoming little corner :-)


It was a great day, with beautifully cool July weather. I had so many wonderful visitors of friends and family. My favorite visitor of course was little Charlie! 

The day was long, but I spoke to so many wonderful people and even made a friend! My neighbor at the show who makes beautiful stationary. Something really fun about craft shows is trading! So we traded napkins for stationary. So excited to start making lists for my next show. 

At long last the day was done and I packed up got the car, hauled it all out, and loaded the car. 



Drove home thinking about how it all went, what I could do better, more of, less of, new ideas, and of course called my mom. When I got home creaking and croaking I was welcomed by my sweet boys. After a long, yet fun day, home is where I wanted to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment