Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Roasted Chick Peas (yummy crunchy snack)

My friend posted this on her blog and I loved the idea! Chick peas (garbanzo beans) are a inexpensive, healthy, protein rich food that to be honest I never really liked (exempt for hummus). But at less than a dollar a can (most places), I had to try it! And of course I could have just posted her recipe, but I do t follow directions well and I used it as a guideline for my own recipe.

Roasted Chick Peas

-1 can chick peas
-lawery's season salt
-onion powder
-garlic powder
-either drizzle with olive oil or coat with cooking spray

Adjust rack to top and preheat oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with foil, parchment, or a silicone mat. Drain and rinse peas and spread on the sheet. Coat with oil or spray then sprinkle with seasonings (you can mix them all in a bowl first or sprinkle each individually).
Bake for about 40-45 minutes tossing around every 10 minutes. You know they're done when they're crunchy, but not burnt. It took me a couple of bakings to get them crunchy.
* If you have a toaster oven these work great in there!

Enjoy, and as my friend said in her post you can really do anything with them, sweet or salty! They are open for your creativity :-)










No comments:

Post a Comment